Wire Rope Mounts (WRM)
The Wire Rope Mounts or WRM have been specially developed for optimal isolation of vibrations and shocks. The design of the WRM is relatively simple but very ingenious. Various TNO tests have proven the excellent performance of the Wire Rope Mounts. The Sebert Wire Rope Mounts have important advantages over Elastomer Mounts, Yielding straps and Leaf Spring Mounts.
Why Sebert Wire Rope Mounts
The Sebert Wire Rope Mounts are designed with thin stainless-steel wires, which are braided into a cable. This cable is mounted between two retainer bars. The number of twists and the mounting angle are fully tailored to the specification requirements. Through the extensive friction between the thin stainless-steel wires when loaded, a very high vibration damping, and a large travel is achieved. The Sebert Wire Rope Mounts can be supplied in a special (Pebax) coating, which prevents rotation of the cables during load of the WRM thus permanent deformation of the loaded WRM. This special coating also forms an acoustic isolation and can be used in clean rooms, for example.
- Due to its durability, little to no maintenance is required.
- Resistant to adverse environmental conditions including oil, gasoline, salt water and chemicals. Electrically conductive, fireproof and resistant to extreme temperatures (hot or cold) and corrosion.
- A natural frequency up to 2.5Hz with a travel of 70mm is feasible.
- At a shock amplitude of 50mm, the acceleration level above the Wire Rope Mount is just 8g.
- Static load from 10 grams to several tons.
- The high energy absorption results in low loads on machines and foundations.
- The captive design of the wire rope mounts allows them to be loaded in any direction, in compression, shear and tension.
- A fully antimagnetic version is possible.
The WRM can be mounted in all directions. Ensure that the WRM are placed symmetrically in relation to the center of gravity.
When the WRM are mounted under the unit and the center of gravity is relatively high, there is a possibility of lateral results. Additional stabilization on the (top) side may be necessary.
The main advantage of mounting the WRM under the unit at an angle of 45 degrees is that the shock and vibration behavior is optimized both horizontally and vertically. Please consider that with a tensile load (below 45 degrees) the force road diagram becomes more progressive.
One of our customers supplies products to the pharmaceutical industry. In our accredited Lab measurements were taken for a transport from the Netherlands to Russia using a S.A.V.E.R. (shock/vibration data recorder). During the transport to Russia, extreme shocks and vibrations were measured. These measured values were used to perform a transport simulation test in our Test Lab.
First, a transport simulation test was carried out without a dampening pallet. At the end of the tests, the products inside the box were severely damaged. Due to the extreme shocks that were measured in the field, a product optimization was not possible. Using our in-house developed ViSAP software, Sebert calculated the measured shock values. The optimum solution was found by using Wire Rope mounts, which reduce a shock by a factor of 10. The transport simulation tests were carried out again, with the special shock reducing pallet. After the tests, no more damages were found.